Hello from a newb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

My name is Joe. I go by Dobiejoe from the old TV show “Dobie Gillis” sine my last name is the same. I am 21y retired US Air Force as of FEB 01. I got the name as a call sign since I flew. I am finding this DIY electronics topic very interesting and want to just say HI and I will be needing lots of help!

I am trying to get started with make a VERY nice 3.5/RCA input, to a Tube Pre-amp, to two independent newer hybrid tube amplifiers. These are for nice headphones for one or two people. I would like to get 750 to 1000mw out of each amp. I am wanting to get all the compounits and power supply for all in a very nice 18”X10”X7” cigar glass top Mahogany Humidor. I am wanting to do all the work myself including going out to buy a soldering gun and some oak. It has to look good and see everything.

Any help on where to even get started looking for kits or DIY’s and run thru one power in would be great. I was thinking of just putting two eBay, project sunrise II or two Mr. Nixie amps and leaving of the plastic and move some pieces around. But I know there is better but I don’t have a clue were to start but here.

Does anybody have any info/thoughts on Pete Millett's, "Mighty Midget" design, now on a PCB?

Thanks and help would be great.

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.