Belated hello from Northants, England

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’ve been registered on here for a few years now but never posted. I was originally toying with the idea of building a Krell KSA50 clone using the boards from Jim’s Audio but decided against it.

Now I fancy a go at building an F5 but not sure on which variant yet, although I am looking along the lines of more output devices and more power than standard trim.

I’ve done a little messing around with Naim equipment and I’m just finishing a new dual rail PSU to replace my old SNAPS to power my much fettled with NAC32. Also I’ve put together a dual mono NCC200 that sounded good to my ears, just fancy something a little different.

I’ve just about got half a clue of what I’m doing but plenty yet to learn!

Hi Johnny,
Nelson Pass has an F5 article on the First Watt website.
There are also many articles on the PassDIY website.
I got some red PCBs from Jims Audio and they were quite good. The parts in the kits are fair.
I'm planning to build a pair of balanced F5 turbo monoblocks to heat my home this winter.
Good luck with your project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.