A long winded hello from Adelaide, Australia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am a 20 year old former Aerospace Engineering student, soon to be Physics student from Adelaide, Australia. I work at 4 golf courses, and work really hard to try and save as much as I can for things that I enjoy.

I originally signed up here to just read through the hundreds upon hundreds of threads on here, and never really had anything to post, however now I am working on setting up a bit of a testing setup from home, and decided its about time I started posting.

As I mentioned, I will soon be starting a new degree, after deciding that Aerospace wasnt really what I wanted to be doing. I have been interested in Audio for a while now, and decided that if I was to go back to uni, I had to do something that sort of related to it, and also had to have something to do in my spare time, that allowed me to further it without spending too much money.

Now in audio, thats not really possible, so I am saving some money, and trying to build some amps, buy some other things, that mean I can sit at home and build/experiment/enjoy and still have some motivation to continue uni.

Now I started out in car audio, which is a very different platform to the home environment, I am in the process of rebuilding my dB Drag car, and building a new SQ vehicle that I hope to compete nationally in, that I recently purchased. However I will be trying to keep car audio as more of a hobby, and focus more time to home.

I have a plethora of drivers that I have acquired, so that I can experiment with every different type of speaker I can think of., I have a number of different types of speakers for the same purpose as well, most of them are considered to be the better ones on a budget. This is so I can get a feel for different speakers by building and experimenting with them.

I am currently in my spare time, trying to get my basic enclosure building skills, and crossover building and implementing a bit better, by building a few different speakers, I have a 2.5 way kit that I built, some TL High Sensitivity Full Ranges, and some medium sized bookshelves to my name thus far, as well as plenty of subs, but they were mainly designed and used in car.

One thing that I continue to go back to though, is High Efficiency, horn designs. One that has captivated me for quite some time, is the Avant Garde Trio, which I hope to start work on soon, as I know it will be a long project, however I am handy with fibreglass and have a tonne of the stuff that I need to use up.

My horn theory is pretty good, my modelling isnt quite up to scratch, and I dont know where to start with drivers, however I hope that some people on here can point me in the right direction when I come to start asking those questions.

Anyways, thanks for reading,

Ryan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.