hiya guys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just want to introduce myself.Being a very good boy,as I'm under moderation. I'm Dave,nearly retired from 200 years in the tv repair trade,and looking to occupy myself with a long held promise to build my own hi end gear.
So,to that end,can anyone recommend a good source of of suitable hi end components,preferably with in the uk?
I have to say I'm amazed at the range of knowledge here on the site.
and the humour!!

Dave in dorset.xxx

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello David - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!! :D:D:D

I'm Dave,nearly retired from 200 years in the tv repair trade..........

It's always good to see someone that's a couple of years older than me around here.... ;)

So,to that end,can anyone recommend a good source of of suitable hi end components, preferably with in the uk?

Most likely the same outfits you were getting your repair parts from would be a good place to start I would think. :confused:
Good sources here in the States would be....

Digi-key Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page
Mouser Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor
Parts Express Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components

Last edited:
diy Dave

Blimey,what a responce.As I'm new I don't know how to thank you guys individually, but can I just say thanks?
I've had my eye on the Pass Zen class A amp,which I gather will heat my house while I listen to the music. And now I've some avenues to explore re parts. And what an interesting read some of the threads are.......seems I'm not the only bonkers one here!!!.how refreshing.
And even my wife (aka Sweetpea) is happy,as I've a new hobby.
First question,(sorry guys,there'll be more) do the FET's in the Zen have to be a matched pair?.
Cheers.
Dave.xx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.