music mad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm usually involved in the making side of music, own a studio(amateur) and am a musician(of sorts). But I do appreciate a quality sound. I hate it when what i hear in the studio sounds like it's been muffled at the user end. A couple of years ago I got a chance to get hold of some quality tube gear. All made by Arcadia or sjs acoustics as it was. I got it all off my friend martin who is a mate of Simon(the owner builder at Arcadia) and it's amazing. admitted they're a bit high maintenance but worth it. i've got a all triode line and phono pre-amp and a single end 300b power amp. the power amp needs a new home because it is fugly
:crazy:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

just doing a repair on one bit, one of the caps shed it's oil like an e-type jag.
i've got my old cambridge audio gear in service for now. it's not terrible but it's hardly the same.:(

john.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.