Alesis D4 & Simmons SD9 Bass Trigger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All!

I need some help. I have an Alesis D4 module and the owners manual reads like the instructions for the space shuttle. I am not technologically inclined, so can someone tell me how (in basic words and terms) how to program this thing? I tried contacting Alesis, but since they were bought out by another company, I was told that they do not have any information available.

I also have a Simmons SD9 bass drum trigger that died. I took it apart and noticed that the red wire was disconnected. It was re-soldered, but still no sound. I then re-soldered all connections with the same results. There are 2 tiny resistors that were tested and they were good. I then replaced the piezo pickup, but it still does not work. The cables are good and the input on the Alesis is good (I do get sounds when using another trigger). This is driving me crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.