Long time listener, first time caller.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been a member for almost 6 years, and have yet to make one post... :D.

Well anywho... I always use Google to find whatever I feel like reading for the day, and haven't the slightest on where to post anything.

I repair a lot of old gear - power amps and guitar amps mostly - and would like to post a few of the rarer items, that have very little info available online, aside from the occasional "it's old, just buy a new one" jeers.

i.e. - I just restored a QSC a5.1, to power a 4x12 guitar cabinet, and even though it's not a historically phenomenal amp, by any definition of the term - it is much louder than I expected, has the perfect footprint for it's current use, and also has what I believe to be, a topology with technical/educational merit, worthy of discussion.

next on the bench - Peavey CS-800 (circa 1984), SoundTech MC100, SoundTech PL500, Carver PM-600, Ampeg SS-70, Ampeg SS-140C...

There's also a couple of tube projects on the side as well...

Thanks you!!! - glad to be here. The conversations on here are very enlightening and thought provoking. I think that one of the reasons I never posted anything before, is that I always seem to find posts by others, that contain "that question" and/or "that answer".

I will make one note about membership though - like so many other forums, you have to log-in in order to view attachments... and if it's audio, Google usually brings you here ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.