Hello from Estonia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around the forum for over a year now and thought I'd poke my nose in too now.

Sort of had the electronics bug all my life from my dad but didn't really bother to learn more about it. About two years back when I simply threw out my PC speakers and was about to start putting some money aside for something more proper I just happened to make a new friend who had also been holding a soldering iron for years. As he found out I also knew the Ohms law and knew what transistors are he said to me that I should just pick up a book and see how to use 'em too. As I didn't have much money or interest to spend I did what he said and now I work in an electronics manufacturing company as a repair technician and like to play around with all sorts of audio stuff when I'm not working :)

He also injected me with a little tube bug although I like all sorts of different things. It usually comes down to whatever parts I happen to come in to.

Hi, I'm from Tartu. Yes the Farnell catalog is quite nice. I usually get my motivation from having some bits and pieces rather than planning ahead on a build :p Oomipood usually fails at customer service and should never be contacted by a personal e-mail if You really want to get something...

Hi guits, I took a tour of the A Le Coq brewery many years ago with my wife, and I'm not sure she has forgiven me yet.... I use Oomipood quite often, but only face-to-face. Now the store in the ERR building has closed I may change my view, but always found them very helpful. To be honest I was just grateful to find a well-stocked, local, electronic components store. I hope they don't close the other stores, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.