so here I am in Northeast Wisconsin...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys just thought I would introduce myself!

I am an engineering student in southeastern wisconsin from northeastern wisconsin. I started out dabbling in the car audio world and eventually found that it was easier to put more stereos in a house than a car.

Most of my audio equipment comes from dumpsters and thrift stores. I see something that looks good and I go for it. I am currently powering a pair of Electro-Voice SH15-2 horn loaded stage speakers with a samson servo 200 amplifier coming out of a Yamaha receiver from the 80's. I enjoy rattling the walls with some good old vinyl!

I am currently in the process of repairing a samson servo 550 studio amplifier that I pulled from a recycling pile with a vented cap, so anyone with knowledge there can feel free to shoot me a couple tips!

I'll be lurking around the forums trying to find places I can post intelligently so keep an eye out for me!

Hi Freestuffrocks :) welcome to diyAudio! It is amazing what people throw out these days!! We definitely live in a disposable age.

Tony.

It truly is amazing and sickening at the same time. I couldn't even begin to list all of the electronics and furniture I have picked up out of dumpsters and off of curbs just because they were replaced with something newer. I don't even want to think about the amazing audio equipment that made it past the ever searching eyes of people like us:faint:

Welcome to the forums 'Freestuffrocks'............Let's not forget the occasional Garage sales.....Especially the 'Girlfriend pricing that "Stereo stuff"'.
I obtained the bulk of my system from one such Garage sale. Yamaha pre, Harmon Kardon tuner and Carver amp........$35? USD.
Glad to have you aboard.

_______________________________________________________Rick..........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.