Hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi zzpop - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!! :D:D:D

Don't worry about those guys yelling "fresh meat - fresh meat!!!" because they usually get fed around midnight..... :D:D:D

I have a mess of relatives living in NY state but don't worry about it - they aren't audio freaks so they won't be wanting to come over and check out your gear......

But just in case - be on the lookout for anyone that resembles these guys.

Attachments

• Coneheads - black and white.jpg
    Coneheads - black and white.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 40
Thank you both for the welcome!
As a novice, I feel like a barnacle on a hull...because I don't have anything of great importance to help others with. Right now, I am reading up on, and listening to what is posted here. I have a gut feeling that the only way I will have a chance in this field, is by staying at it, repetition and hands-on experimentation.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
As a novice, I feel like a barnacle on a hull...

You can't be that because I have claim to it - six year USN puke.

As for learning stuff - we are all still learning - that what this place is for!!! Well learning stuff - and then showing off what we learned - and then BSing about it!!!

I can personally vouch for the fact that you can learn to BS around this place - as long as you don't freaking cusssssssss about it!!! :D:D:D:D

Thanks C2, and Thanks for your service to our country!
I love the humor in the posts...it makes it all that much better!
I was given a pre-made test lead that looked perfect...but did not work. After closer inspection ( pocket knife and hacksaw) I found the inner braided shielding (ground?) poorly/not at all bonded to the connector. So...it has taken me a few weeks, between work, family, etc., exploring and learning all about cables and connectors. The good news is that the hacksaw is now happily sleeping on it's hook, and I have made up several functioning test leads! I want to learn about and enjoy each and every step!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thanks for the thanks ZZ - :D:D:D

Here is a link to a good site for the basics on those electron thingy's. http://www.bcae1.com/

I have a ton of sites listed for learning this stuff.

IF you need to get a handle on how to solder there are a lot of good video's over on Utube.

Lemme know what you need - and for a modest fee payable in small unmarked Monopoly $$$$ I'll point you in the right direction. :D:D:D

So you're the LEADER! I thought you were just a HP (Hot Potato), BK-ause you did not mince words and are friendly!
At my age in life plus work, a somewhat natural RESISTANCE exists but it's value is low enough as not to hinder overall learning CAPACITANCE!
So...I will continue to tinker away at my experiments with my faithful pet HEATHKIT always by my side!
ConeHead Beldor says:...OHMMMMmmmmmmmm!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My relatives in New York State - Be On the Look Out (BOLO) for them..... ;)

Also furry looking guy - be careful if ya have cookies around cause he will steal them. This is actually a disguise because in real life he is a Dachshund...........:D:D:D

Attachments

• Coneheads - black and white.jpg
    Coneheads - black and white.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 14
  • cookie monster.gif
    cookie monster.gif
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Dachshund-Picasso-Sketch.jpg
    Dachshund-Picasso-Sketch.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Buddy Sitting up - cropped.JPG
    Buddy Sitting up - cropped.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
Joined 2006
Paid Member
So you're the LEADER! I thought you were just a HP (Hot Potato), BK-ause you did not mince words and are friendly!
At my age in life plus work, a somewhat natural RESISTANCE exists but it's value is low enough as not to hinder overall learning CAPACITANCE!
So...I will continue to tinker away at my experiments with my faithful pet HEATHKIT always by my side!
ConeHead Beldor says:...OHMMMMmmmmmmmm!

I have a magnetic personality - some people are attracted to me - but I repel others.....:D:D:D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.