just another member...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, greetings from the Philippines :)

Am re-learning to build again. I built a baxandall tone control and a hafler amplifier many years ago, and am having this revived interest after I heard a friend's diy chip amplifier sounded so much like the old hafler...

Then stumbled in the chipamp section of this wonderful forum... And have been reading and learning from all the wonderful postings since...

This forum rocks and thank you for all the learnings... I hope one day to contribute as well...

Best,
Cris Balla

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Chris - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!! :D:D:D

Please allow me to give you a little bit of a warning.... This audio addiction stuff starts out slow and small - such as with your chip amps. Others will start out with some "small speakers". Pretty soon something catches your eye and you get the desire to start building stuff. Soon you will be reading books and articles on how to solder - electronic theory - woodworking skills. The projects will grow more and more ambitious and soon you will find that SWMBO is complaining about the time and money it all takes up. Then it's time to start making decisions. She goes and the audio gear stays???? Earning extra money by borrowing from loan sharks or pulling off band heist?

I can help you avoid all of these expensive and false paths for a small fee paid monthly in small unmarked bills. :Pinoc:

I the mean time - Welcome to DIY!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.