Hello from Columbia, Missouri

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've been on the forums for a while but never properly introduced myself.

My name is Sid, and I am an amateur composer, singer, and mandolinist, and I play a bit of guitar and piano.

My hobbies are increasingly audio-related. I recently built an awesome set of speakers using PVC (my first DIY audio project that wasn't a modification of a tube amp).

I have several designs for speakers, guitar amps, etc, in my head, but at the moment don't have the dollars to make them reality.

My day job is being an administrative assistant. Bah. In my heart, I'm a musician.

I also enjoy practicing firearms, unfortunately that means my top 5khz of hearing is kinda "shot." I also enjoy archery and blowguns.

I've dabbled in luthiery. Done quite a bit of repair to my own instruments, and I have built a 6-string lap steel guitar.

My french polishing is immaculate, by the way! If you go to the wikipedia page for "mandolin," the main pic at the top is an instrument I refinished. It's been the main pic for mandolins on wikipedia for several years.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.