Hailing from Michigan!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings everyone! I am an Electrical Engineering Student from the Howell Michigan area. In joining this community I am hoping to learn how to better use and design signal amplifiers as a whole. My main interest in signal amplifiers is Audio equipment though!

I became interested in audio equipment(Amplifiers/mixers/ect) back in 2000 when I was in 6th grade. I was getting really annoyed with the shitty computer speakers at the time. In 5th grade I started building my own computers and I quickly realized that cheap stereo computer speakers sets with built in amplifiers/volume-control were almost always unbalanced and noisy as hell.

I got sick of it real quick and found that by using a stereo receiver from garage sale with some cheap kenwood speakers from the local pawn shop I was able to get sound/music out of my computer which sounded incomparably better than the premade speaker/amplifier sets I had originally used.

As time went on I slowly grew interested in how my stereo amp worked (as well as computer electronics for that matter) and decided I wanted to go into electrical engineering. That's pretty much the story of my audio/electronic interest in a nutshell.

I've noticed over the last few years that no single amplifier fits all situations and that many situations would benefit from a custom amplifier designed for that particular set of circumstances. Now that I am on the tail end of my engineering degree, I feel I am ready to start building and designing my own a audio amplifiers.

I hope to learn a lot from this community and perhaps be able to offer help one way or another~ :joker:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.