Hey All, first post, first diy kit (Crack) just finished

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone. I have had the audiophile bug for some time, but while I have great commercial gear I am bored and have read with keen interest all the many builds and suggested builds on diyaudio. I am just a newb in this arena ... only thing I have made so far are cables. Well, cables and a Bottlehead Crack headphone amp. Just finished the build. It's a bit smaller than the standard Crack. It's smaller than a Schiit Lyr. Anyhow, here's the completed photos. I hope the img links work. If not, will some experienced member tell me how (or most likely tell me that I should have read the forum better as it's posted somewhere already - many times over ... right!?)
03Front.jpg

and ...
02Back.jpg

and ...
DSCF1542.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. Whew ... I was concerned the links wouldn't work, so glad they did.
Next diy is going to be a parallel tracking tonearm. Have read those threads over and over, plus read up on the various commercial varieties and their design philosophies. Will be very interesting little (?) project.
For a long time I was thinking of a mechanical carriage (knife edge carrying two V bearings etc), but have decided to go air bearing. Will take me a while to build as I can't spend too much time sitting/bent over doing work due to an injury. But will certainly keep everyone informed as it progresses.
As this thread is just my intro in the newbie/intro area, let's not start adding comments and ideas in here .... I will either add to other threads on parallel trackers or start a new one. Then its more correctly placed for future references.
For now ... Thanks for the welcome and happy New Year All.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.