Hello from Portugal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I'm Gonçalo Fernandes from Portugal, Lisbon.
I was born with the sound bug built in.

My particular passion are the record players and vinyl sound. This passion kept growing up and I would love to learn much more about it and related to it.

I'll be very honest: my experience is not big but some and I would be very happy to share it with all of you. AS far as I had the chance reading your forum, I'll have much more to learn than to say something new :rolleyes:

My first expirences with the DIY started with the audio cables - all sort of types were tested :) Than I built a Record Cleanner from a Moth kit - not bad, I must say. The next projects would be a nice and cheap pair of loudspeaker stands for my second system's Warfdale 10.1's and try to Mod a Cambridge Audio Azur 640P phono pre-amp or a Pro-ject TUBE BOX II.
That's on the Hi-Fi department.

I also had a nice experience building up a trunk cover to fit some nice Hertz loudspeakers on my wife's YARIS. I must say the result was way better than I've ever expected.

I have a degree on Electronic Engeneering for Telecomunications although what I liked most on the course was the Acoustica and Electroacoustic classes :rolleyes: My electronic knowledge is really rusty.
My work is related to professional Video and Audio - I'm a Sales&Tech engineer for an integrator on the Broadcast Video market. The only audio part I'm involved with is installing and configuring AVID Protools systems. Unfortunetely it's really not what I like most to do. I prefer to listen to music rather to doing it :D
Well, to be honest, I don't play any instrument but I've been singing on a choir since 1990 till 2003 in an amateur way.

To finish my presentation, please accept my appologies for my writen english.
Some mistakes are cleared by the editor but many of them are such that no editor would be able to correct it.:eek:

Best regards

Gonçalo [Gon;sa(as salt);lo (as lory)]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.