Hello from Trevor L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Trevor.

I can see Northwich marina feeling claustrophobic after open sea and lots of it. A lot less pirates in Northwich Marina mindst!

The old bloke who owned the canal basin we moored in described a boat as "A hole in the water you pour money into" I think he could well have been right.

John

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
yeah, that was always our line
Definition of a Boat:
A hole in the water surrounded by wood, metal or fiberglass - into which you pour money.

Trevor, sounds like quite the adventure! And worth it.
Dock and marina life is certainly a different world. Your own Soap Opera, so to speak.
Don't think I've ever been over toward Northwich side. Was on the other side this past spring, Wisbech and King's Lynn area. Lots of water there.

John hi,
claustrophobic wasn't the least of it, it was not a good place to get washed up in. For a locked marina, it managed it share of criminals. Too many times I was woken or alerted to undesirables about. I would say the old bloke was about right! I lived on mine full time and I was upgrading or replacing virtually every system on-board. The catamaran was worse. My big mistake was a change of plan about half way through the project, (return to England; after getting mugged). Still I think that messing about on boats is a blast... Literally for some, (one guy in a marina close by blew the top off his boat, after working on the gas!). I think he lived although not that sure now I try to remember.
Regarding Northwich, I don't think your missing much:)
Best Regards
Trevor L

Last edited:
Hi Trevor.

A man with a tale to tell by the sound of things.

We had no gas for safety reasons on our tiny little grp job. Instead we had a raging petrol fueled camping stove and a lethal whistling kettle (at testicle height) for brewing up whilst underway. As with so many things, we didn't really think that one through.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.