Howdie from Cape Town

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I signed up yesterday and hope to meet some serious DIY speaker-amp builders via this forum.

I am also hoping to get a DIY audio club going in Cape Town so that we can share ideas, visit each other and maybe even assist each other with designs, getting hold of parts and projects.

At the moment my main interest (or shall I say weakness !!) is building ribbon speakers and class A amps.

If there any guys interested in getting a club going please mail me at hugot@icon.co.za.

Jozua

Welcome to it...

There are quite a few people from SA on this board so check and see if there is already a club. In any case, you should look up analog_sa. The posts are quite intelligent and show quite a bit of experience.

I offer some advice from someone who is also fairly new. When the exchanges start to heat up, as they sometimes do, take a deep breath and don't let some of the others get your hackles up too much. It's just words, after all.

:)ensen.

Not sure...

I remember visiting a company that made "kit" cars some years back. Their models were the Mongoose and Mangusta, plus a few other replicas. One of them was the Lamborghini Countach. At the time they were developing a minibus. I've never seen one of them on the road, so it must have flopped.

But I don't know if it's the same crowd...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.