Hello from brisbane australia 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there i found your site on the google search engine it looks fantastic ive always wanted to have a go at building audio gear and it certainly looks far easier than i thought! Ive got the usual preamp/power amp setup and a set of pretty good 4 ohm 2 1/2 way speakers and im looking to add a 3 channel power amp(the preamp is dolby digital)to power the center/rear speakers. My only concern is what do i need to change to make these designs work on 240v ac power? Id love to meet my fellow hi fi enthusiasts so feel free to drop me a message and ill get back to you asap

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Ant01. There are many amps here, Pass labs as Pano suggested is a great place to look for high quality Class A amps (power hungry heaters) The chipamp forum is great for cheap and cheerful (but good performance) probably not a bad for HT use. Solid state is a good place to look for more conventional class A/B amplifiers (but there may be some class A's in there as well).

Class D for high efficiency digital amps. and the tube forums for valve based stuff :) something for everyone here!

With respect to making designs work on 240V there should not be anything here that runs directly at mains potential, everything should be using a transformer (the only exception may be switch mode power-supplies). For anything with a transformer, you will just need to buy a transformer with the required secondary voltages and VA rating and make sure it has a 240V primary winding :)

Personally, I'm into speakers amps and recently (though not yet constructed) active crossover design.

welcome to diyAudio :)

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.