Joining the Community

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

My name is Tommy, I am from the foothills of Eastern Kentucky, where circumstances are unusual. I was expelled from high school at age 16, and was allowed to get my GED at age 17, by way of a frustrated superintendents signature.

My Father and uncles were always interested in electronics and achieved a lot on a small scale where they lived among the hills. One uncle of mine was able broadcast a radio show from a chicken house there.

With poverty, it was required that we repaired things if we wanted to entertainment. My father and his brother were always handing over some piece of refused old technology for me to play with. I learned what I could from my dad, but he died of a brain tumor two years ago.

I am on my way to a degree in engineering and am very excited about getting an education.

I came across a load of old vacuum tubes in a store near my home, and now I am studying them, and selling some to finance my education.

I hope I can contribute here, and take some information to. It's a great thing to find this place online.

If any one is looking for a particular tube, I might be able to find it among these cases.

I can't wait to take advantage of this great looking community.

As Ever,
Tommy

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Tommy - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!:D:D:D

We have some members from KY - I don't know if any of 'em are near to you tho.

Be very careful around the vacuum tube circuits as very lethal voltages are used. Did Dad or Uncle tell you about the "one hand rule"???? ;)

Thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.