Hello from the great Northwest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am new to this forum after a few months of lurking. Hope to meet some good folks and learn a whole bunch. I have built up a few guitar stomp box kits, read a few things on tube amplifiers (guitar) and have dabbled in circuit bending. I love to build and learn.

From surfing around the internet I stumbled upon a great writeup of a easy and cool looking Tripath 2024 build that inspired me.
Let's Build a Class D Amplifier!

OH BOY, my eyes have been opened to hifi audio!!!! I don't know if that's a good thing or not $$$$$!
I have pieced together what I think will be a great, hopefully easy, budget starter hifi starter system that i will give to my daughter for her 18th birthday based on that writeup. I was thinking of posting the build on this forum as i go if there is any interest. I still have some details to work out and tools to upgrade or replace but I am getting there slowly. I finally ditched my first cheapo soldering iron and ordered a Hakko 936 and Panavise. Should be here any day WOOT WOOT! If it goes well I can build a more elaborate system for myself.

Anyway, I am excited to be a member and hope there are a lot of good folks here.

Looking forward,
Eric (Solid E) :eguitar:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.