Better late than never...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Four months and 130 posts later, I've determined that I should introduce myself, at the very least.

Hello...
I'm :)ensen from Vancouver, Canada. Nice to meet you all (big wave).

First, I'd like to thank the site owner, the mods and all the others that make this a wonderful forum to spend my time.

So, why audio?

My grandfather introduced me to hi-fi when I inherited his old Marantz 1530. Before that, I thought I knew something about audio because I had learned how to operate a PA system, install a cheap car stereo and could always wire up everyone else's home system. Now I know better. Now I know that I don't know that much... yet. Heh!

And why DIY?

I've always been good with things, especially machines. I could make them work, fix them, and sometimes, even improve them. Other than audio, the other thing I really obsess over is human powered vehicles (built 4, rode dozens, crashed 5, still have one in need of repair).

And, finally, why an introduction, after all this time?

Well, I realized it seems quite impolite not to reveal something about myself when everyone else is offering their own introductions. After all, this forum is just one big social event and it's only right to be sociable.

Cheers!

:)ensen

I shut off the smilies so I can sign with my "nomenicon." Here's a pic of me with my other passion.

:)ensen.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 142
Alas, that trike is no longer alive - the photo is from 1992 and is the best one of me on a recumbnent. Even my current recumbnet has been crashed and is in need of frame repair. My wheels right now are a plain old mountain bike. Its a full suspension, but against a high performance recumbent, it's quite plain! I will check the box of old pics to see if there is one of the latest dead bike.

EC8010: If you're even in the neighbourhood, bring your bike. Vancouver residents are fairly bike-friendly even when the urban planning is not. I think it's because quite a few people here actually ride a bike more than once a year.

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.