Saying hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, my name is Joe and I joined diyAudio a few days ago and just realized I should introduce myself. I am currently a stay at home dad after working in the printing industry for 20+ yrs. I have a son with some serious health issues so my wife and I flip flopped positions. She works and I drive her nuts by describing my latest brainstorm for a guitar amp.

A Radio Shack electronics projects kit (had the little springs to link wires to components) my dad bought for me back in the 70's was my part of my introduction to do-it-yourself. The other part was my dad who is a guitar player who built a couple of his own amps.
I now have an affliction with trying to get the best tone from my own amps, so much so that I started building them. I have dozens of old speakers, transformers, tubes, chassis, etc. from scrounging thrift stores. I have looked around on this site countless times and thought it was time to join.

So here I am, another obsessive compulsive, ADD ridden electronics junkie with too much tiime on my hands. I also talk too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.