Who is Z transform?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from upstate NY. (For those not familiar with NY geography- up here we have diary farms, apple orchards, vineyards, many lakes, rolling hills & Adirondack peaks, the Erie canal, industry old & new, and high taxes.)

I've been lurking for a while, but thought I should introduce myself. I have been away from my audio hobby since the 70s when I built many loudspeakers, sub-woofers, active crossovers, solid state amps and a high voltage direct drive valve stage for running some Janzen electrostatic panels. I dropped my audio hobby during graduate school, but am looking to return.

The last 25 years have been spent perfecting digital servo controls based upon DSP technology. (Hence the Z transform moniker.) I am a HW engineer at heart and can work at the chip, board or valve level. I have become pretty adept at switching power conversion and comfortable with magnetics. Although I have done much DSP algorityym design, it's all been at the signal flow diagram level- I don't code per se. At work I have also worked on sheet metal, extrusions, castings, molded parts, a tiny bit of optics and much mechanical design for servo axes. I mostly supervise now and miss getting my hands dirty, so that's what's motivating me to look at reviving my audio hobby.

My audio interests include: Valve amps, loudspeakers (electrostatic and other dipoles), DSP crossovers and DSP loudspeaker correction.

Still trying to select a project. I started work on a non-bootstrapped low distortion valve driver stage for a unity coupled (McIntosh) amp and finished simulations, but now have been strangely drawn back to loudspeakers. If only I had more time. We'll see where it goes...

Thanks to all those who selfishly give their time to make information available here and on other forums.

Tom

Thanks for the welcome!

I have not got any traction on my Loudspeaker CAE thread that I posted in the Software Tools forum (here). Should I have posted it under Loudspeakers: Multi-way? I don't know the etiquette concerning posting under multiple forums. I suspect that it would get a lot more attention there. Can you move it for me? Should I just post a duplicate there?

Please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.