HELLO from WALES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its in the UK (for those that didn't study geography).
I said hello a couple of days ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. (or its me)
Anyway, I'm married with 4 grown up kids and 1 teenager and a very tolerant mrs. Been into electronics since the age of 6. I'm 60 this year. Bugger, where's it gone. Built my first valve amp when I was 7. Looking to complete my 2nd this year.:D Currently working as a Test Engineer on something called JSF135. You may have heard of it. :D

Greetings from the Great South Land (Australia).
You may have heard we acquired a Welsh born Prime Minister (Julia Gillard) last year. She emigrated when a child. Anyway welcome to the forum...... Don't take it personally that not a lot of people have responded to your initial intro'. Most only get a prefunctory salute on the way past although I notice a couple of Canadians are pretty diligent "welcomers".
What part of Wales are you in? We lived in Bristol and dad had several shops in the West Country and also a store in Newport until 1957 when we came out here. I went back to the UK last November and while we didn't get to Cardiff we did go north to Hay-on-Wye...........for the bookshops. The day we did that was the first of that early snow you had.
You have probably looked at diyaudio for many moons so you know what you're getting into. It is a good place......enjoy and have fun... Demographically I'm nearly identical to you although my five have now all left as of two weeks ago..........quite nice actually!

And finally in the spirit of international harmony let me share one of the few Welsh stories I know. I heard this on "My Music" many years ago where either Dennis Norton or Frank Muir remarked that;

"It is the dream of every Welsh Tenor that when he gets to heaven he will be invited to sing solo in the celestial choir before a 1,000 English bass baritones and after a few bars for the Almighty to lean down from His throne and say; 'Jones, a little less volume please!"

God bless,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the welcome. We live in Aberdare, 20 miles north of Cardiff although I work in west London during the week (have lodgings in Slough). I have an uncle who lives in Bristol. He's a HiFi nut. Builds turntables. My Dad many years ago, long before I was born took exception to guy who was chatting up his mother. He grabbed hold of him to turn him around before punching him but stopped mid swing. The guy's name......Ivor Emanuel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.