Hi from france !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone !

Me:

My name is Mat but here you can call me Mudmen. I'm 20 studing electronics and signal processing in an engeener school. I'm also a guitarist crazy about music.

What am I doing here ?

I'm in my first year in my school, I just finished to learn how transistors works and I wanted to use my fresh new knowledge to build some distortion. So I made an action plan :

• first I need to design a basic amplificator

• Then I need to choose what we call in french a "point de repos" (the better way I find to translate it is "operating point"). This point must be able to moove to choose the amount of distortion...

• finally I wanted to analyse the harmonics created by the effect and ad some filter ...

So here I was choosing my components and the type of amplifier system I wanted to use when I figured out that they were too many parameters (all the resistances ... ). This brings a question : does electronics is all about remembering circuit you've seen and use them to build another more complexe systems (In fact I realise that I was only able to analyse a circuit and not create one :()??? I found this forum searching for the Pspice model of a AC128 germanium transistor, you seems to have infinite knowledge in electronics and I think I can learn a lot with you :D, particulary learn to design circuits (something I don't have learn yet)!

That's all, I also trully apologie for my bad english :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.