Thanks from SanFrancisco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm absolutely amazed by the overall atmosphere of DiyAudio.
Encouragement, tolerance and advice at all levels.
A wealth of technical, practical and completely obscure thoughts (which I think are important) can be found on every thread.

I have always built things, for my 50th birthday (15 months away) I want to finish the ultimate audio system for "me", which I started when I was 12.
Starting over from scratch, I'm comfortable with my topologies and design details for the amps and dacs (which include some details I've really liked and taken from DiyAudio) much less comfortable with the speaker system. In fact all is on hold and will be redesigned to best match the final speaker path I take.
I've built some speakers in the past and followed the trends, but to date I have not been satisfied with my results. My search continues, and my knowledge grows in this area (DiyAdio is a great companion to the technical articles and books I've been reading).

Looking forward to continued learning and even sharing some of my experience.

Thanks
Antonio

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm absolutely amazed by the overall atmosphere of DiyAudio.
Encouragement, tolerance and advice at all levels.
A wealth of technical, practical and completely obscure thoughts (which I think are important) can be found on every thread.

I've built some speakers in the past and followed the trends, but to date I have not been satisfied with my results. My search continues, and my knowledge grows in this area (DiyAdio is a great companion to the technical articles and books I've been reading).

Looking forward to continued learning and even sharing some of my experience.

Thanks
Antonio

Hello Antonio - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!! :D:D:D

What a greeeeeeeat sense of humor ya have!!!!

"obscure thoughts" ZM'sdepartment

"I've built some speakers in the past and followed the trends, but to date I have not been satisfied with my results." U R fer sure in da right place!!! That being said - I still haven't seen anyone here that manages to stay satisfied with what they build 'cause they always seem to go 'n build the next pair and that last until SWMBO get's in da design plans.

Check out BAF - Burning Amp Festival thread - Biiiiiiiig show in SF.

Note of warning - ZM is trying to sneak into USA on pretense of going to show. I suspect that he may be tied into the Maple Leaf Gang that has secret plans to take over all sports in USA and change them over to hockey and "fuut bhal" (soccer).

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah

I can't care less for all sports which don't include wheels .... say MotoGP and cycling ;

but I certainly always take care to think enough obscure thoughts :rofl:

regarding spks for real man - that need looking in Cal's department ;

even if his recipe is sort of Old Yank School - important is that is "before Advent" era .

raw approach but - if you ask me - more than good enough :clown:

find a way to deal with WAF ( just one proper way exist , to deal with that ..... and I'm taking to your imagination which one is ) ...... and Heaven is there - good ole Yank honk .... shivers guaranteed

:Popworm:

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• wiley c tank.jpg
    wiley c tank.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 48
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Your right, but have another look, my wife (musician) thinks it sounded better as a speaker (I agree for a few frequencies).

All wifes know that we guys at diyAudio (orrrr any other audio site) are all a bucha dumbie shiiiiiiiiits anywayz. :D

Get used to it - be one with the force 'n come over to da dark side... :darkside:

Currently watching Discovery Channel - "How Beer Saved the World".. :up:

Discovery Channel :: TV Listings :: How Beer Saved the World

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.