Hello from Just south of the arctic circle in Sweden!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm an transplant from sunny southern California to a very frost 63 degrees 49 minutes and change. Just about 200 miles from the Arctic circle. it was -28C over the weekend. :eek:

I really don't have all that much Hifi experience at all. I love to build my own anything, There is some sort of inner joy in enjoying something that you have build with your own hands. Not to mention the wonder of all that mental processing that goes on when you look at something you've built and think of how to improve upon it. Seems like this is the place to be for diy hifi.

I'm looking at building at starting small with a set of Zaph sr71s and a Myref Rev C to power them. From what I've can gather from my research this should be a relatively low price great sounding system. Eventually, I'd like to build a set of Zaph Zd5's and a competent amp to power them.

I've tried to upload some pics of my most recent project, but haven't been sucessful. I built bed that hangs from the ceiling of my tiny 200 square foot student room. It is a steel framed Oak faced bed that is supported via 2 bolts holding it to a cement wall and hanging from a third bolt via 10mm stainless cables.

Welcome to the site. Lot's of do it yourself people here, you'll fit in. You can learn it here, I started on car radios with a Ford car manual, had lots of questions for my chemistry teacher. The internet is great!! You probably won't waste a lot of time surfing in the north sea up there. We had 1/2" of ice on the ground two weeks ago; I fell on the way to the garbage can. Great electronics weather.

Thanks for all the hospitality! yup the weather here isn't the best. Makes me miss sunny So Cal. But like you said good building weather. Sounds like your relative and I live in the same town. Umeå is a pretty small place and we English speakers tend to stick together so it's pretty likely I know of them or met him/her.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.