Hi! From Vienna, Austria

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, finally I got around to do what I always wanted to do, which is playing the bass. To be exact, a Warwick Rockbass Corvette Premium 5-String.

Doesn't sound like much but I've been playing the piano since I was 5 years old and the keys for about 25 years now - go figure.

I'm 41 now, so I decided it's time to change some things in my life, starting with living one or another dream.

So I got a pretty neat bass guitar now, a pretty fast quadcore hackintosh, a RME soundcard, decent monitors, about 2 TB VSTs - and no bass amp.

I HATE being gangleaded by manufacturers so I decided to go the DIY way, n00b style.

Well - as for power amping I'll have it the PA power amp & DIY cabinet way. It's the cost saving way and it allows me to accidentially destroy something and be able to replace it without going broke.

BUT regarding preamping - I want to go the long way. And I got pretty exact ideas - I only lack in the clue department. So I sincerely hope you guys have mercy :)

Keep it up!

:D:D:D

We're having lots of fun in the musical instrument thread, and there are preamp ideas on the analog line level thread too. It is amazing how much more expensive a packaged bass cabinet is than 4 each 15" speakers plus a piece of plywood and a capacitor and some terminals. Have fun. I'm going the other way- bought a Hammond organ with 25 pedals, string bass feature, and one 15" 40 W woofer. I'm learning to play famous bass lines with my feet like John Paul Jones. No slide bottle effects, but with seventy new capacitors installed I can rattle the windows and lamps on "inna Godda Divida".

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.