New guy here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love tinkering I guess you would call it with electronics since I was 10 or 11 years old.
All self taught (trial and error). I have totaled some stuff but I have fixed more than totaled. Always wanted to do it right but without going to school for it, self interest just is not enough as it seems no one else either cares about fixing stuff or those with schooling for it shunned me for lack of knowledge. From what I've read here this will not be like that and I will learn.
So thanks in advance for the help you will give me.

Welcome. Another fixer upper. I started on Mother's TV with the tube tester at the corner store- that tells you how many years ago that was. Finding a tube tester now is like the search for the holy grail. I bought an organ in Montgomery off Route 22 last May. I hope to fixer up this winter.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Indianajo I did the same as you, to the Rexal drug store to check tubes for Dad and then see if there were any in the box connected to the tube tester and or in the cabinet underneath the tester. I've sat straddle of the back of the TV with a mirror in front of the TV so I could see what was happening on the screen while I was working on them.
Thanks for the link Mikje, I will check it out.
Cal Weldon I like big speakers too! In the car in the house in the garage every where.
I recently refoamed a set of Cerwin Vegas D-7s woofers. I'll post a few pictures if I can.
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.