Hello from Space City U.S.A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Houston, Texas that is. :)

Signed up a few days ago because diyaudio seems like a place with lots of good technical info but also has a relaxed vibe to it that helps make it a fun & interesting place to hang out.

I haven't built anything since the early 80s but have some designs - traditional ones and a couple oddballs - that have been kicking around my head since then & have always wanted to try them out.

Looking forward to discussing them. :cool:

Hi SY,

What band? I've always liked traditional country (George Jones, Loretta Lynn, etc) and western (Ian Tyson, Chris Ledoux) but also bands like The Wagoneers which I guess could be called alternative country. Too bad they're not around anymore. As far as Houston is concerned, I've been trying to track down an EP put out back in 2002 by a group called El Toro, who did "surfer" rock music - fun stuff!

Houston

I lived in Houston when Willie was doing 4th of July concerts at the Airline Drive-In (US 75N). I was always more into Asleep at the Wheel, and now they are all together! (in Austin). Also 13th Floor Elevators & ZZ Top. All on LP's, I couldn't take the weed/tire fumes in the back of actual live concerts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.