Hi from Newcastle - Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been viewing this site for quite a while and find it very informative (as well as entertaining at times). Have been into Hi Fi for many, many years and now do not work so time to add another hobby - building speakers (I've got too many hobbies but what the heck). Have built a centre speaker and now have the bug. Bought the "Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" and I'm starting to design a subwoofer (more a lower frequency enhancer than sub". So greeting from downunder.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Glad to see you come on board. You sound like you should fit right in here easily. The site is Australian in origin, as well as having many Australian members, so you should feel right at home.

I look forward to you starting a thread to discuss your "lower frequency enhancer" soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've run the figures through Winisd but will have to finish reading the Loudspeaker design Cookbook before proceeding further so I understand the principles as I have many questions.

This is going to be an active sub for my daughter's bedroom to go with a pair of Yamaha NS10Ms that I've had for over 20 years - just trying to give it a bit more bass on movies. If I can get a -3dB point @ 45Hz, I'll be happy (boundary loading will give a bit more). The driver's an 8" Vifa M21WJ-09-08 (not a sub driver but a nice woofer - Fs 29Hz) and will be using a Jaycar 80W sub amp. When I get it all together, I'll post and get some opinions and see if I'm going in the right direction.

I'd like to have a fraction of the loudspeaker knowledge that Dave has.

Hi rabbitz,

I have good experiemce with this woofer as part of my wilson watt puppy clone.

I have a pair in 60L vented box f3 is 33-34 Hz from memory.
A good medium cost woofer that has satisfyingly deep bass from 8".
Good choice!

Greg

Attachments

• DSCN0873.JPG
    DSCN0873.JPG
    889.1 KB · Views: 50
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.