Greetings from Central NY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Moe - and Welcome to diyAudio!!! :D:D:D

Mike L. signed in yesterday as well and sez he's from Binghamton NY. Just go to the "Introductions" section and you will find his post.

I have and Aunt and Uncle with you there - and some other Aunt's and Uncle's over in Johnstown near Albany.

To darn cold fer me!!! Buuuuut some beautiful little farms and countryside! ;)

Hey c2c, thanks for the welcome and heads up about Mike L.....

It is too cold for me as well.....but the cold is not as bad as the 6 months without sun every winter.....
I have spent 1/2 of my adult life in Ca., the other 1/2 in Binghamton.....came back to do some grad school, but will be getting the heck out of here as soon as I am done !!!

cheers

Howard aka Moe Loogham

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have spent 1/2 of my adult life in Ca., the other 1/2 in Binghamton.....came back to do some grad school, but will be getting the heck out of here as soon as I am done !!!

I lived most of my life near Sacramento Ca and did a re-locate to the Nashville TN area back in '06. I sorta - kinda got "talked" into the move by my loving wife Susan who is Nashville born and bred. So I'm thinking "cool" as GRITS kinda woman (Girls Raised In The South) so no problem with NASCAR, C&W music, football, etc. WRONG!!!! She hates all of that stuff - but she does allow me to indulge, :D

Uncle David (Walker) used to be a Prof over at the University - English I think. Being a typical collage Prof. we more normal members of the family try to make sure his socks match and his fly is zipped. :rolleyes:
He retired a couple of years back - don't know if he wonders around muttering things - but be on the look-out. :eek:

My son is a first year Engineering student at Binghamton University (he tells me that it is not called SUNY Binghamton any more). I am starting to get real familiar with I-88 as I travel back and forth between the Albany area and Binghamton (with frequent stops in Oneonta at Brook's BBQ or the Neptune Diner). If you guys work something out and get together, I would be interested in attending and could probably bring a DIY speaker system or two.

Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.