First Build!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I'm new to DIY audio for the most part and I've been researching my first budget setup. I had a couple of somewhat unrelated questions so I thought I'd post in the introduction forum first.

My most pressing question is what budget speakers to get. I live in a college apartment right now and I found some tannoy 6.5 pbm monitors about an hour away for $70 and some Pinnacle PN5+ for $40 about 2 hours away. Does anyone feel strongly about one of these speakers?

I can steal a 2226b Marantz amp from my parents when I make it home but I'd really like to build my own amp in the next year. I've been looking to build the dx destroyer amp but it seems that alot of the group buys for the different models aren't around anymore (Wanted the HRII or the Blame ES I think). There seems to be someone selling some kits on ebay but I haven't heard the creator or anyone here endorse those.

Lastly, I was going to get a DAC unit to take input from my pc. I'll probably spend the most on this as it will be the base of my system for awhile to come as I eventually upgrade speakers and amp. Looking at the matrix mini-i or audio-gd fun.

I'm open to any thoughts or feedback. Thanks everyone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.