Cincinnati, OH, USA - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 02:39 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
salesmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default Cincinnati, OH, USA

I'm moving to a new city, Cincinnati, and I don't know anybody. Are there any audio or music groups? My interests include tubes and Pass amps, vinyl, and interesting music. Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, and Lou Reed get a lot of play.

Is there anybody out there?

SM
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 03:12 AM   #2
eyoung is offline eyoung  United States
diyAudio Member
 
eyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sunny SC,USA 15 min south of Charlotte NC
Welcome to the forum , as I am not in cino I cant speak to hi fi diy in your neck of the woods. I would bet there are some hiding the woodwork in your area...Keep the faith baby.

Regards, Elwood
__________________
"Lead me not into temptation...I can find it myself."
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 03:25 AM   #3
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member
 
bwaslo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cinciinati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesmonster View Post
I'm moving to a new city, Cincinnati, and I don't know anybody. Are there any audio or music groups? My interests include tubes and Pass amps, vinyl, and interesting music. Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, and Lou Reed get a lot of play.

Is there anybody out there?

SM
I'm in Cincinnati (or just north of there, anyway, in the 'burbs). There is or at least was an audio group listed in Audiogon for the area, but I've never succeeded in getting anyone to respond to me when I asked about it there. Years ago there was an active group here, but not many of those folks around anymore.

I'm into class D amps and CD, and waveguide speakers, but at least some of our music is common. I hear a lot of Tom Waits, with excursions lately into classical, fado, and They Might Be Giants.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 04:18 AM   #4
Gluca is offline Gluca  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Gluca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Back to Italy
Hi there! I am in cinci. There is a bunch of good fellas here too. I met them last year (when I just moved from Italy)

PM me, happy to buy you a beer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 10:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CLEVELAND OHIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
I'm in Cincinnati (or just north of there, anyway, in the 'burbs). There is or at least was an audio group listed in Audiogon for the area, but I've never succeeded in getting anyone to respond to me when I asked about it there. Years ago there was an active group here, but not many of those folks around anymore.

I'm into class D amps and CD, and waveguide speakers, but at least some of our music is common. I hear a lot of Tom Waits, with excursions lately into classical, fado, and They Might Be Giants.
HI,Bill
Yeah i miss the good old days at Ray Andrews.
__________________
BIG POPA
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 07:08 PM   #6
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member
 
bwaslo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cinciinati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYSIMMONS View Post
HI,Bill
Yeah i miss the good old days at Ray Andrews.
Me too. Cincy lost a lot when Ray passed on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 04:11 AM   #7
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member
 
bwaslo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cinciinati, OH
RaySimmons -- when are you coming back down to town? I have some new stuff to show you....
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Virginia (USA) stu22180 Introductions 2 14th April 2010 08:03 PM
Hello from Ohio USA anmaka Introductions 1 19th September 2004 08:52 AM
Hello from Cincinnati colinhester Introductions 10 27th June 2003 04:02 AM
Hello from Maryland,USA mothman Introductions 3 28th April 2003 12:43 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2