Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thought I would introduce myself. I am relatively new to the world of electronics, but I hope to gain more knowledge by using this forum. I work in the oil & gas industry and while I was laid off for a while, I enrolled in an online Electronics course here in Canada. I am working through the chapters at my own speed, and having fun with it.

I hope to engage in some diy projects and share what I learn with others on the forum.

Cheers,

Myles :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks for the welcomes Cal and Dave,

Nice websites you both have. I have worked in Calgary and international ( Indonesia, Venezuela, and all around the Middle East). Worked as a drilling engineer while international and a combination of drilling eng and technical sales while in Calgary.

I am in the process of heading back to the ME to start work. Last kick at the cat, before saying adios to the oil patch. This will give me lots of time to complete the electronics course, as there is not a lot to do at times when working in the "cultural hotspot" of Saudi Arabia.

Cheers for now,

Myles

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yeah I know what me means. I have had my share of field and office work in my career. I just find it a shame when one has to leave their country of origin in order to keep employed. You would think after 2 years of trying to find work, something would surface here. I guess we need gas powered vehicles or whatever applications to generate the market for natural gas, other wise the oilpatch out west is just not going to get any better.

Anyways, onward and upward... now about building something electronic hmmmm...

Myles

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Two years without work can be bad for your attitude. Glad you came through it ok, even if you have to do it outside the country for now.

Thanks for the compliments on the website. A friend took my ideas, added his own, shook it twice, stirred a little and put that together on iWeb. Still some polishing needed but it fits the bill for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.