Hello from Belgium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIY-ers!

Some people may already know me from DIY Mobile Audio or from the dutch forum Zelfbouw Audio.

I'm Isabelle, I live in Belgium together with my girlfriend Xenia (also knows as XC-C30 on the same forums I named earlier), I'm 25 next month and I'm passionate about good sound.

At the moment, our only really good sound system contains a vintage (1976) Technics SA-5460 and a couple vintage (1973ish) B&W DM2a's, but after we've moved (we bought a house and if everything is going according to plan, we should be able to start moving next month), we're gonna build our own set of home-audio speakers, outdoor speakers ànd a fully active car-audio install.

We already have a nice collection of diy drivers:
- HiVi M8a's
- TangBand W4-1337's
- Fountek NeoCD1.0's
- Dayton Audio ND20FB-4's
- CSS Trio8's
- Peerless XXLS 12" subs (the ones with the Nomex cone, designed to use with PR's
- Peerless 10" PR's

All of this will be used either in the car or at home. None of this will be used for the outdoor speakers...

greetings,
Isabelle

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My electronics knowledge is also very limited, I know basic electricity and I know what a coil or a cap does with AC signals, but that's as far as it gets.

Hello - and welcome to the forums at diyAudio:D:D:D

Perhaps you will find this link useful Basic Car Audio Electronics :cool:

BTW - my standard warning to new audioholics - get out while you are still sane, have friends that "have a life", and still have some money left in your bank account!!! Hanging around here will get rid of most of those things and you will wind up hanging out with other deprived audio nuts listening to music until the wee hours of the morning - and still wondering if you can make the cross-overs in your speakers "juuuuuuust a little better". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi,

While electronics, such as diy amplifiers or passive x-overs are something I don't have any experience with, I am not new to DIY Audio.
I started to get seriously interested in car audio somewhere in 2003 and in 2004, I had a fully active mobile audio installation with Focal midwoofers, Dynaudio tweeters, a Cerwin Vega subwoofer, Kenwood (later Steg, which was a bad decision) amps and an Alto Mobile UCS Pro.

The last 2 years, a lot of things changed in my life, so my priorities were somewhere else, but we do have some nice gear laying around to put in our current car again (Genesis and Clarion amplifiers, a Clarion HX-D2 headunit/dsp, some AudioControl stuff, CSS Trio8's, TangBand W4-1337's, Dayton ND20 tweeters) and even some more stuff to build a nice home-audio install (HiVi M8a's, TangBand W4-1337's, Fountek NeoCD1.0's, Peerless XXLS subs and passive radiators...).

About spending way too much time and money on improving the sound of a system just a little bit: I've been there and done that, but that's something I'll try to keep under control in the future. I'm pretty sure the stuff we have laying around right now will deliver a beautiful sound once the planned projects are finished and tuned in. I will try to resist the temptation of replacing some small part of the system by something much more expensive to get the sound just a little better. :)

Isabelle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.