Hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a BMW CD43 head unit (I think made by Blaupunkt) to replace the old cassette head unit. I also bought a couple of ESX Q120 4-channel amps. The amps are designed for RCA or balanced inputs and the head unit has just four-channels of speaker wire outs so I'm looking at the Arc Audio SRI or the Audio Control LC7 (Line Output converters).

I've already installed four Focal 130CVX Polyglass 5.25" speakers (two sets - one front and one rear).

I'll need to figure out what speakers to use for sub channels. I'm thinking two eights or two tens.

My immediate need is to find the amperage draw of the ESX Q120's so I can calculate the wire size and fuse requirements. Does anyone know where to find this data?

I know that if I multiply the number of channels of amplification by the number of RMS watts per channel, then multiply that total power figure by 2 and divide by 13.8 I should get the current draw in amperes. BUT the rated watts per channel change with the ohms of the speaker load which I don't have yet.

There must be someone who knows how much current these things draw.

Can anyone assist me please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.