Hello, and advice please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from Northern California. I've always loved music and got into stereos in high school, worked at GoodGuys for a few years til they folded, was the lead sound tech at my church for 13yrs and worked for 2 years at Clarity Audio Systems a ProAudio systems design and installation company.

I've been reading allot in a variety of threads and stumbling through trying to understand I mean really understand the science of HOW and WHY it all works :confused:. Problem I'm a kinesthetic learner which makes things difficult. I can read all day but the light doesn't come on until I see it in person. Which is leading me to want to take some college courses that will help me with it all. Tapped horns really interest me and I can play with hornresp all day but I really dont know what I'm doing besides trying to make nice response curves. Akabak, I haven't even delved into yet. And then there is using All-pass filters to correct phase shift at crossover and other points which I was around there implementation at Clarity but never got to see how there were determined. Speaker and crossover design also interest me allot.

I know there are allot of smart people out there and would love some advice as far as any college courses to look for and projects to build and test. I've come to respect Mr.Danley in reading his post on various forums, always enough to get me thinking and vague enough to frustrate me into really wanting to figure things out.

Wish I could drop everything and go to work for someone like that and see whats its all about!:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi there and welcome to the forums. Lots and lots of projects for you but I think you should narrow them down and perhaps ask the questions in the appropriate forums. Better response than here in the Introduction area. As far as college goes again maybe narrow down what you are interested and maybe we can go from there. I can partly understand your learning curve as I too am a hands on person rather than a book kind of guy.

Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.