hello and help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am an audiophile as probably most of you are and I have a very taxing issue with my favorite preamp ever. It is one of the very first Diva Audio m-7 preamp made by T.S.Lim it has 3 12-AX7 tubes in the pre section and a seperate tube rectified power supply that is versatile as the tube you can use from a GZ-30 to a 5U4G but i need schematics because it has stopped working and I cant find them anywhere.Please help if you can.It does the following when i turn on the power supply everything is fine but as soon as I plug the umbilical wire to the pre section the tube turns red hot in seconds and nothing comes out as far as sound but i just dont know what to do so any help is very appreciated.Have and will send internal pics if you ask and or need them. Thank you all very very much

Welcome,
There is quite a wealth to tube knowledge and expertise here.....not to mention some very strong opinions. I'm impressed with their knowledge level. Suggest you post your query in the Tubes and Valves section.
But, sure sounds like you've got a shorted 'can-type' or 'multi-sectional filter cap' shorting to ground or to itself......that 'red-heater' is excess (or rampant) current and upon hook-up (which s/b done 'power-off) does make sense.
Best way to get a 'tubee' response is to state an opinion........No offense,guys.
Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.