Hi from Brisbane Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there,
I am new to this forum and have been into valve hi fi gear for about two years now and am eager to learn how to build my own valve gear.
Currently I have two Sound Reference monos each running 4xWinged C KT88's and two 6922's, great clean massive sound running into Sound Reference Pre(tube) with phono stage, Vandersteen 2c's and a Rega Planar3 with RB600 tonearm and Ortofon 2M Bronze stylus.
I love the sound I am getting from those KT's!

I have recently been reading up on the Soviet GU50 copied from the LS50. I am intrigued by these tubes and was wondering if anyone out there has schematics and transformer specs for something single ended? There is little on the net and I would love to build something out of this wonderful bizarre tube.
Thankyou in advance.
Nicko from Brisbane

HI! In Russian Internet are very many information about schematics and transformer specs for GU-50, but in russian language:)
I have found about transformer: I max = 120 mA, Ra/Rn = 3.5 k\4-8 Om (6.3 optimal), transformation factor 26:1, 20 Hz-25000 kHz
Schematics: http://klimanski.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gu_50_9.gif
Still write that power output is more than 5 W it is not necessary to do - if Your want very good sound.

Suburb? I'm at Camp Hill.....S/side.......mainly solid state I'm afriad but the redeeming feature is that they do run in class A and I at least have the tubes to build a RIAA pre-amp eventuallllllllllllllllllllllllly!!!!! Ha ha.

Welcom aboard. There was a speaker builders thread for the Brisbane area active a year or two ago. They met several times.

If you want local contact you might modify your personal deatils so the locals know Qld...Great South East etc.....on the otherhand I CAN understand the desire for a quiet life. And today we can all say "Go the Cane Toads!" or words to that effect.
Jonathan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.