'baki back - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Banned

Default 'baki back

Back...

Click the image to open in full size.

...back, I'm back.

w
Old 21st May 2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Barely, Holy (you know what)

How's your breathing?
Old 21st May 2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Banned

Fine thanks, Cal. I'm in good spirits, with barely diminished energy. The surgeon said that as far as he is concerned, 100% of the tumour went in a bucket, which was confirmed by lab tests. They'll probably offer me a short course of chemo though, as a belt and braces measure. Thanks for asking.

w
Old 21st May 2010, 02:28 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Holy **** indeed!!!
Old 21st May 2010, 03:26 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakibaki View Post
The surgeon said that as far as he is concerned, 100% of the tumour went in a bucket, which was confirmed by lab tests. They'll probably offer me a short course of chemo though, as a belt and braces measure. Thanks for asking.

w
Congratulations. I wasn't as lucky. Mine had spread to my lymph nodes, so I got 6 months of chemo. It is every bit as much fun as you have heard. Good luck.
Old 21st May 2010, 05:04 PM   #6
Banned

SY, I note that even moderators are having their language constrained by the forum censor. Sometimes we all feel the need for a good expletive.

Thanks, Steve. I hope your 6 months was sufficient to clear out any remainder.

w

My only mistake, I got home here and put on Tom Petty. I couldn't resist singing along, and then I did hurt myself.

'You can stand me up at the gates of Hell, but I won't back down.'
Old 21st May 2010, 05:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

It appears it was. I have been cancer free for 5 years now. The newer chemo is pretty good, but it still isn't fun.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:13 AM   #8
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Any update on your health and recovery?
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Banned

Hi Cal

I've been spending a lot of time sleeping, weaning myself off the painkillers. I did some work yesterday putting out tomato plants in the greenhouse and making my workshop in the loft fit to use, getting some mobility back. I'm slowly rebuilding an old subwoofer too, although when I looked again at my first draft circuit for it, I thought 'what idiot drew this?' Must have still been under the influence of the morphine...

They've taken all the pipes out of my side, I saw the surgeon yesterday and he doesn't want to see me again for 4 weeks, now I got to go see the oncologist and keep my fingers crossed it don't come back.

I won't be gotten rid of easily. Look out diyaudio, I've still got some contributions to make.

Best Wishes,

wakibaki
Old 4th June 2010, 06:52 PM   #10
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Good news on the recovery. Sometimes sleeping is as good as medicine. So is gardening, excellent therapy. Not having to see the surgeon for 4 weeks must be encouraging also. All in all sounds about as best as you can expect as this point, yes?

Cheers.

Hide this!Advertise here!