My first post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

My name is Robert and I'm happy to be a new member here.

I have decades of experience with audio - both in circuit design and loud speaker design - but have been operating in a vacuum ( :D ) without other people to talk to and bounce ideas off of... so I'm glad to find this board.

I have a few audio systems all over my house. I'm in the process of re-doing the "main" one. Some of the electronics I have include a modified Dynaco PAS-3X, a pair of modified Dynaco Mark III's, and an un-modified Pilot SA-260 power amp. I also use solid-state electronics. Speakers are mostly home-made.

Looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully being able to offer some useful ideas/information out to your community.

Robert

OK :)

This is the cabinet where my electronics are housed. That's the Pilot 260 sitting on top:
cabinetoutsidemedrez.jpg

This is inside. The system is tri-amped. The Pilot SA-260 drives the tweeters, the two Dynaco Mark IIIs drive the mid-ranges, and that Crown D-150A drives the woofers. Other boxes are active crossovers and some EQ for the woofers to correct for room acoustics. The pre-amp is a re-worked Dynaco PAS-3X (top removed):
insidecabinetmedrez.jpg

One of the speakers. Two pieces. The tops have 4 tweeters and 4 midranges. The bottom has one 12" woofer:
Topsandbottoms1medrez.jpg

Close-up of one of the tops. The speakers for the other channel are mirror images of these. Someday (?) I'll work on the cosmetics:
Speakertops2medrez.jpg

I'm in the process of re-doing the system. First, I'm going to move it all to another (much larger) room. I'm planning on designing a passive crossover for the tweeters so I can free up that Pilot amp for something else. Finally, both woofers need re-foaming and I'm having a little trouble finding the right foams. I may post elsewhere about that.

That's my baby.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.