Glad to be here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been reading this forum for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself. Ive been audio homebrewer for the last 30 plus years building mainly speaker projects for both pro audio and home use. My intrest in the hobby was renewed by the Zen Light article in Audio Express and have since built the Zen preamp and amplifier. Since discovering class A I have spent a lot of time listening to solo piano which sounds just breath taking on the Zen set up. In the for what its worth colum I work in the broadcast industry testing high power solid state broadcast transmitters in the 200 kw and above power level. I have really enjoyed the forums and hope to contribute in the near future.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Bang!

I work in the broadcast industry testing high power solid state broadcast transmitters in the 200 kW and above power level.

Wow! I was going to ask, "how do you do that?" but I expect the answer is, "carefully." I once tuned up a 1940s HF transmitter. It had coils that looked suspiciouly as if their raw material had come from the local plumber's merchants, and paper scales written in India ink for different wavelengths. The full circuit diagram was on the wall outside the (interlocked) door. It was A4. And the symbols were quite big. The modulation transformer was the size of two filing cabinets side by side. I forget the power, but it would have been quite a bit as it was for BBC World Service.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm sure some of your arcane knowledge can be put to good use. If you can tolerate obsolete technology, do visit the tube forum. There seem to be quite a few broadcast engineers there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.