Hello from a DIY noob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, thought I would introduce myself on here as I have been lurking for a while

My interest for audio has been re-invigorated recently after a friend of mine tweaked my Teac VRDS10 CDP. To be honest after he first gave it back I was slightly disappointed and therefore so was he. However I soon realised that my Tag AV32R wasn't allowing his hard work to shine through as it was still doing a DA conversion on the analogue signal. Long story short, I now own a Proceed AVP2 which has a very good analogue bypass feature and now I am very happy with my new CDP

I then wanted to upgrade my amp stages for a decent musical multi channel amp but just as I was going to hit the buy button something got me thinking about the gains from the CDP mods and I wondered if I could build a better amp??

From there I have found the Greg Ball SKA amps and I am thinking about a nice dual mono GB300D kit with dual 500VA transformers, dual PSU modules and obviously dual amps I have to say Greg has been a fantastic help with all my stupid questions

I have an electronics background from many years ago so not afraid of a soldering iron but I have to confess I have probably forgotten most of the important stuff

So my learning curve has stated, I need to find out more about transformer, PSU, chassis, wiring etc etc but hey, it seems like fun

So that's a bit about me

Cheers,
Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.