Hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't worry - we're a friendly bunch. Sounds like you're here to learn.

Here's a few links to get you started with some reading....

Elliott Sound Products - DIY Audio Articles - this guy knows his stuff. There's also a projects page, so you can clone some of his designs.

There's some good stuff on here, but it takes a little more digging out.
Linkwitz Lab - Loudspeaker Design

If you fancy a little amp (good power ratings though, have a look at 41Hz Audio:Sounds Good to Me! - they're not bad for instrument amplifiers, but they have other, more important advantages - they're very efficient, so they give off very little heat. I've made one and they sound good. If you're just learning how to use a soldering iron, 41Hz Audio:Sounds Good to Me! they sell easy-to-make ones. The prices are very reasonable too. They ship worldwide.

Hope this all helps
Chris

Hi & welcome!
Guitar & keyboard Huh??
Well, slapping together your own guitar amp is really THE most satisfying thing I believe........
This DIY thing isn't the most in-expensive 'hobby' but the rewards are really great...something you build with your own two hands.....& it works, works good, looks good....is the best thing around!
We can coach you no prob. .....there are so many of us here..in the same boat who can guide you thru your new hobby!

___________________________________________________________________Rick....

Thanks for the encouragement, I did stumble on the Elliott articles and am slowly working my way thriough them. Those kits look great, I'll be sure to have a look!

As for large amps, I'll probably stick to smaller projects until I start risking my life, I don't think I can trust myself with more than a couple volt just yet...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.