diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   New to the forum, and new to DIYaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/161013-new-forum-new-diyaudio.html)

jake21 10th February 2010 05:45 AM

New to the forum, and new to DIYaudio
 
Hey guys my names Jake, im from Bozeman, MT. Ive been involved in car audio for years now (working at a shop) and I wanted to take the jump to home audio to further my love for that perfect sound quality :)

Ill definately be lurking around the speakers area of the forum as im ready to do my first home DIY project. If there are any "How-to's" of the forum pertaining to DIY speakers, please let me know!

Thanks,
~Jake

Iain McNeill 10th February 2010 06:06 AM

Welcome to DIYaudio! You'll find lots of projects to read or even try from single full range speakers up to exotic transmission lines and horn. There's also lots of threads dedicated to how-to from how to use a router to how to get a perfect finish . Try searching on key words like "high gloss finish" or "sealed 2 way" and you'll see hours fly by:)

jake21 10th February 2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain McNeill (Post 2079991)
Welcome to DIYaudio! You'll find lots of projects to read or even try from single full range speakers up to exotic transmission lines and horn. There's also lots of threads dedicated to how-to from how to use a router to how to get a perfect finish . Try searching on key words like "high gloss finish" or "sealed 2 way" and you'll see hours fly by:)

Thanks for the respose!

I am already very crafty in woodworking, fiberglass, metalworking, etc etc. Im mainly interested in learning how to create/build effective crossovers and how to design them around a speaker i am using.

planet10 10th February 2010 07:46 AM

Welcome to the form. Lots of talented guys here (me i tend to avoid crossovers, so don't ask me :))

dave

jake21 10th February 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2080046)
Welcome to the form. Lots of talented guys here (me i tend to avoid crossovers, so don't ask me :))

dave

Haha sounds good dave!

SY 10th February 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake21 (Post 2079982)
Hey guys my names Jake, im from Bozeman, MT.

Lucky fellow, Bozeman is terrific (I lived in Butte last year). Great pizza spot in Belgrade...

Cal Weldon 10th February 2010 07:51 PM

Hello Jake and welcome to the forums.

Iain McNeill 10th February 2010 10:36 PM

Don't they teach Latin in school any more, Cal? Everyone knows the plural of forum is fora!;)

jake21 11th February 2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2080534)
Lucky fellow, Bozeman is terrific (I lived in Butte last year). Great pizza spot in Belgrade...

Bozeman is great! (if you have a high paying job and love to ski/snowboard)

I of which do ski, but wish i had a higher paying job, cant complain though, working at Good Vibrations (largest car audio chain in Montana) isn't all that terrible. Beats the hell out of McDonnalds :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2