New to the forum, and new to DIYaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys my names Jake, im from Bozeman, MT. Ive been involved in car audio for years now (working at a shop) and I wanted to take the jump to home audio to further my love for that perfect sound quality :)

Ill definately be lurking around the speakers area of the forum as im ready to do my first home DIY project. If there are any "How-to's" of the forum pertaining to DIY speakers, please let me know!

Thanks,
~Jake

Welcome to DIYaudio! You'll find lots of projects to read or even try from single full range speakers up to exotic transmission lines and horn. There's also lots of threads dedicated to how-to from how to use a router to how to get a perfect finish . Try searching on key words like "high gloss finish" or "sealed 2 way" and you'll see hours fly by:)

Welcome to DIYaudio! You'll find lots of projects to read or even try from single full range speakers up to exotic transmission lines and horn. There's also lots of threads dedicated to how-to from how to use a router to how to get a perfect finish . Try searching on key words like "high gloss finish" or "sealed 2 way" and you'll see hours fly by:)
Thanks for the respose!

I am already very crafty in woodworking, fiberglass, metalworking, etc etc. Im mainly interested in learning how to create/build effective crossovers and how to design them around a speaker i am using.

Lucky fellow, Bozeman is terrific (I lived in Butte last year). Great pizza spot in Belgrade...
Bozeman is great! (if you have a high paying job and love to ski/snowboard)

I of which do ski, but wish i had a higher paying job, cant complain though, working at Good Vibrations (largest car audio chain in Montana) isn't all that terrible. Beats the hell out of McDonnalds :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.