Hello from the netherlands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to you all,

my name is Edwin and i live in the city of Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
Like listening to music, and as hobby i make loudspeakers.

Last year my onkyo intergra cd-player "past away" and recently bought a philips cd350. After some "google-work" i found this site with very usefull tips, that i wanted to become part of it.

Some spec's of my home setup.

Onkyo tx-ds939
philips CD350
vistaton Starlet
Van den hul, cables and interlinks

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello to you all,

my name is Edwin and i live in the city of Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
Like listening to music, and as hobby i make loudspeakers.

Last year my onkyo intergra cd-player "past away" and recently bought a philips cd350. After some "google-work" i found this site with very usefull tips, that i wanted to become part of it.

Some spec's of my home setup.

Onkyo tx-ds939
philips CD350
vistaton Starlet
Van den hul, cables and interlinks

Goedemiddag Edwin, welkom!

What's your current speaker project? I'm not into speakers myself but I'm sure many here will be interested!
But be sure to post your project in the Speaker Building area.

jan didden

Over the last 15 years i tried to make speakers by own disign but they where not good. Because i like to work with wood, i switched to making speakers from visaton.

At first i tried to make them on a "no-buget" scale. This was fun, because firts i made the housing and then went to carboodsales to find units that came close to the specs of the visaton units.

It worked out great, and with only 50 euro's spend, i had a great loudspeaker, and angry neighbours :D

These speakers ( Classic (02/1992) - Visaton Diskussionsforum ) are still alive today, and are now (with the vistaton units) in the hands of a fellow diyaudi-member.

After a few attempts to disign something yet again. The results where not got, because i didn't like to calculate.

My latest speakers are the visaton starlet, and i like them very much.
At this moment there is no project going on. After my onkyo cd-player died, the search for an other good cd-player was more important than building speakers.

My new project will be to upgrade my new philips CD350 using the tips from members.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.