Hello and have I put my melted rca plug in the right place?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I've spent many an hour trawling around here, mainly in pursuit of making some full range speakers - Planet10 and Scottmoose spring to mind. I finally made some illegitimate sons of Zigmahornets (I'm female and an artist which probably explains my dogged determination to make them even though I knew they were not optimal). And they aren't exactly finished either.

I'd love to do loads more and learn from everyone here, but for now funds are non existant so I am limited, but enthusiastic! I have got myself a problem with soldering interconnects and posted at the end of a thread in 'Construction Tips' about 'correct soldering temperatures', is this a good place, will anyone find it? Didn't want to start an unnecessary new thread.

I hope someone can offer some advice as I'm a little heartbroken to have melted my rca plug that I waited a week for in the post.:(

I haven't seen much sign of female membership around here, there must be some surely?

uplees8

Very good. To be fair I know quite a few men who glaze over when soldering irons and amps and speakers are mentioned.

Yes, they are called my friends. I feel lonely in the world of electronics and therefore also need a place like this.

We are happy you're here, hope you enjoy. Any projects you've done that you want to share?

It's nice here.

I have had some really helpful responses to my poor and slightly wilted RCA plug, it may be a beginners very simple problem, but it's really nice that people who can and do deal with far more technical stuff bother to lend a helping hand, much appreciated.

Glad to know someone's wife participates as interested observer, there are a lot of comments about projects being hampered by the need for WAF, or equivalent, which seems sad. I am only hampered by my lack of knowledge. I bought a broken amp which I hope to fix, but I find like many others I suspect, that I don't even know the right questions to ask...

I loved every minute of building my speakers even if they are flawed and I can't wait to have the opportunity to do it again.

Love the idea of mental floss. Going to apply some.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.