Hello and have I put my melted rca plug in the right place? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2009, 02:57 PM   #1
uplees8 is offline uplees8  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Hello and have I put my melted rca plug in the right place?

Hello,

I've spent many an hour trawling around here, mainly in pursuit of making some full range speakers - Planet10 and Scottmoose spring to mind. I finally made some illegitimate sons of Zigmahornets (I'm female and an artist which probably explains my dogged determination to make them even though I knew they were not optimal). And they aren't exactly finished either.

I'd love to do loads more and learn from everyone here, but for now funds are non existant so I am limited, but enthusiastic! I have got myself a problem with soldering interconnects and posted at the end of a thread in 'Construction Tips' about 'correct soldering temperatures', is this a good place, will anyone find it? Didn't want to start an unnecessary new thread.

I hope someone can offer some advice as I'm a little heartbroken to have melted my rca plug that I waited a week for in the post.

I haven't seen much sign of female membership around here, there must be some surely?

uplees8
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums. Yes there some females here but they are in limited supply. We have some back ordered but we're not sure when we take delivery.

Cheers.
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Ho Ho

Very good. To be fair I know quite a few men who glaze over when soldering irons and amps and speakers are mentioned. In fact I don't really know any who are actually interested, hence the need for forums like this I guess.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplees8 View Post
Very good. To be fair I know quite a few men who glaze over when soldering irons and amps and speakers are mentioned.
Yes, they are called my friends. I feel lonely in the world of electronics and therefore also need a place like this.

We are happy you're here, hope you enjoy. Any projects you've done that you want to share?
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

My wife is a member.
She joined to keep an eye on me and see what I was planning to do.

She DOESN"T build speakers but she listens and critiques every project; which is very helpful.

Welcome to DIY
Old 10th December 2009, 10:49 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default It's nice here.

I have had some really helpful responses to my poor and slightly wilted RCA plug, it may be a beginners very simple problem, but it's really nice that people who can and do deal with far more technical stuff bother to lend a helping hand, much appreciated.

Glad to know someone's wife participates as interested observer, there are a lot of comments about projects being hampered by the need for WAF, or equivalent, which seems sad. I am only hampered by my lack of knowledge. I bought a broken amp which I hope to fix, but I find like many others I suspect, that I don't even know the right questions to ask...

I loved every minute of building my speakers even if they are flawed and I can't wait to have the opportunity to do it again.

Love the idea of mental floss. Going to apply some.
Old 11th December 2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
I loved every minute of building my speakers even if they are flawed and I can't wait to have the opportunity to do it again.
Quite addicting isn't it?

Quote:
Love the idea of mental floss. Going to apply some.
Cheers.

Hide this!Advertise here!